Summary: Did you have the issue that you can’t watch or edit your MXF footages on Mac
OS X El Capitan? Now this guide will show you hou to fix it.
A lot of photographers have the problem
“I have Panasonic AG-HPX370 camcorder and I got recorded MXF video clips. When I try to play them on my Mac (OS X 10.11 El Capitan) through QuickTime, it is not an acceptable file and also not able to edit on FCP X.”
You maybe wanna share videos with your friends by editing these MXF files after previewing these videos on Mac El Capitan, or just for business. But the problem above always bothers you when you deal with MXF files. Now I will try to explain how it happens clearly and tell what to do to solve it in detail.
MXF is a video format that is widely used by Canon, Panasonic, and Sony professional camcorders. However, it still is unaccepted by some media players and video editing software. The best solution is to transcode MXF files to MOV which not only delivers high quality, but also works perfectly with QuickTime, VLC, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, etc.
Having been practiced successfully by thousands times, a top-ranked Mac MXF to MOV converter – Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (Review) is enough powerful to transcode the MXF files to MOV format on Mac OS X El Capitan. The program has a really nice user interface and is rather quick and perfect at converting MXF videos. It comes with a feature called preset video parameters, this function allows you to convert MXF to a group of high-definition output formats that use on Mac, FCP X, iMovie, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Quicktime, iOS and other MOV playable & editable apps conveniently.
For those who wanna convert MXF file into MOV format on Windows PC, have a look here - Pavtube MXF Converter for Windows, fully compatible Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc.
How to transcode MXF to MOV on Mac El Capiton using Pavtube MXF Converter
Step 1. Import MXF files.
After installing Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, click "File" > "Add Video/Audio" to load your MXF files easily. You can highlight your file for preview or know the detailed info about files by clicking "Properties" icon on the main UI.
Step 2. Choose MOV format.
You can choose the output format in the “Format” drop-down list according to your needs, such as:
- For converting MXF to MOV for playing on Quicktime, go to "Common Video", then drop down to select "MOV - QuickTime(*.mov)" as the most suitable output format.
- For converting MXF to MOV for editing on iMovie or FCE, go to "iMovie and Final Cut Express", then drop down to select "Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)" as the most suitable output format.
- For converting MXF to MOV for editing on FCP 6/7/X, go to "Final Cut Pro", then drop down to select "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the most suitable output format.
Optional - If you need to adjust output parameters of the MXF files, you can click "Settings" button to adjust parameters. Then you can choose the resolution, bit rate and others as you want.
Step 4. Starting converting MXF videos.
Click big red "Convert" button on the main UI to start converting MXF files to MOV with no quality loss on your Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. After that, you will see MOV files by clicking the “Open” button.
The feature-rich Mac MXF converter for Canon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Blackmagic camcorder allows you to edit MXF videos, like cropping, trimming, adding subtitle and watermark. Its simple design is also favorable, which requires less experience to control.
Pavtube iMixMXF - If you want to get audios of the interviewer, interviewee, surroundings, comments, etc. into one mixed audio by mixing the multi tracks/ channels, you should try our another product - iMixMXF. It can get multi-track MKV/MP4/MOV, or multi-track MOV with Apple ProRes Codec, which is the best video format for Final Cut Pro (X). This software also can convert MXF to 3D video formats in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI with Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D effect. (Read Mac MXF Converter Review)
- Why Avid DNxHD MXF Not Loaded to FCP X?
- How to Play MXF with VLC?
- Upload Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4K MXF to YouTube/Vimeo
- Play MXF Videos with Playback Pro on PC/Mac
- Import Panasonic AJ-PX800 H.264/AVC MXF to DaVinci Resolve 11
- Import Canon C300 Mark II MXF to After Effects CC for Editing
- Convert Canon MXF to ProRes retaining multiple audio tracks for FCP 6/7